POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) : Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Feb 2008 04:41:13
Message: <47bd4739@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> I have to say, I've yet to see any unbaised renders where I instantly
>> look and go "wow! POV-Ray could never do that..."
>
> I don't see much nowadays where I say "wow, a modern GPU could never do
> that in realtime" ;-)

How about, say, volumetric fog? ;-)

I have yet to see any GPU of any description get that right...

For that matter, I've yet to see any GPU do physically correct
reflections [although surely it can't be *that* hard?], nor global
illumination that isn't pre-computed [and hence won't change when
objects move around].

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/