POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland : Re: Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet censorship in Finland
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Feb 2008 21:38:23
Message: <47bce41f$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>>>   OTOH, I assume that the US government does not impose the 25th,
>>> section 4 very lightly.
>
>> Assuming you mean Ammendment 25, it happens fairly often. If the
>> president dies, or goes in the hospital, or something like that, this
>> part kicks in.  At least, that's my understanding.
>
>   25th amendment, *section 4*. That's the one where the president is
> removed from office by force, without his own consent.

Yes. And the president can't give consent if he's in the middle of
having a heart attack, or he has gotten into an accident and is
unconcious, etc.

>   Has that ever happened in the history of the USA? (OTOH, the 25th
> was introduced in the 60's or something, so there hasn't been all that
> much history in the first place...)

There have been two impeachments (which is like being arrested at a
trial) - Bill Clinton (for lying about Monica Lewinski) and um Andrew
Jackson? Someone like President #5 or so, IIRC.

As far as I remember, we've never actually had to go so far as to kick a
president out of office. Most resign before they're even impeached, for
those who know they've done something seriously wrong. See Richard
Nixon, Watergate Scandal, etc.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?