POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And today, C# : Re: And today, C# Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And today, C#
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Feb 2008 21:36:02
Message: <47bce392$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   When you use virtual inheritance in diamond inheritance situations,
> the base class appears in the object only once,

So lacking "virtual inheritance" means there's one copy of the
superclass for each subclass that has it on its parent chain? OK.

> Since having to access all member variables indirectly would be a
> completely useless overhead in non-diamond-inheritance situations, this
> is not done by default.

It sort of sounds like this would be just the thing for a runtime with
JIT to deal with, wouldn't it? I.e., it sounds like this is even easier
to solve in .NET than in C++, because the actual code isn't generated in
.NET until the thing is actually linked together at runtime?

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?