POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) : Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Feb 2008 18:29:34
Message: <47bcb7de$1@news.povray.org>

news: 47bc9dbf$1@news.povray.org...
> How long do you have to wait before the graininess has reliably become
> unnoticeable?  That's a question I need an answer to before I can use any
> unbiased renderer for animation work.  I need a renderer that won't give
> me a picture unless the quality is consistent from one frame to the next.

I saw a commercial (an animation of course) rendered with MaxwellRender the
other day on TV so whatever theoretical problems exist with unbiased
renderers and animation seem to be have been solved in production (perhaps
with the help of a large render farm, but that another issue...). IIRC
there's a page about animation in the Maxwell manual, you can look it up
(it's free for download).

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com