POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) : Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 20 Feb 2008 14:47:46
Message: <47bc83e2$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:44:59 -0300, nemesis wrote:

> like I said, photorealism is not a matter of opinion.

Sure it is.  It all depends on one's perception of the image.  You might
look at an image and say "gee, that looks really photorealistic", and I
might respond "are you on drugs?  Look at that shadow, that's clearly not
right".  You might disagree about that particular shadow (whatever it is).

Have you ever been to a movie with someone who thinks the CG effects are
outstanding and "the most realistic effects they'd ever seen", only to
tell them that they were crap effects?

Same principle.

Jim