POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) : Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Feb 2008 14:45:00
Message: <47bc833c@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> "LuxRender is better than POV-Ray" is an opinion.

are you suggesting I said that?  can you point it out, then?

> I didn't say POV-Ray *is* better - I just asked you not to call people
> names when they suggest that it might be. People have opinions. That
> doesn't mean that anybody with an opinion different to yours is stupid.

like I said, photorealism is not a matter of opinion.

> False, as demonstrated. Sometimes things "look" wrong when they are in
> fact physically correct.

like?...

of course, photorealism originally meant "realist like a photo" and this
is not quite what raytracers and other renderers mean by it.  Because if
they did, perhaps they should include lens distortion, glare and other
effects only really seen through photographic lenses...