POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) : Re: Brute force renderers Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brute force renderers
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Feb 2008 13:06:23
Message: <47bc6c1f@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   It would take me something like 5 minutes to make a good-looking 3D button
> with POV-Ray. With the Gimp it would probably take me at least 1 hour, and
> it still wouldn't look as good.

weird, it comes with a couple of scripts designed specifically for that,
so that you just pick a color from a pallete, write the text and it get
it done to you in, what?, 2 seconds?

But inkscape is becoming increasingly better than bitmaps for that kind
of stuff.

>   POV-Ray is simply a great tool to create "3D'ish" images like those.
> It's easy and fast.

so, pov-ray will end up its days as a 3D button design tool?  Are
pov-ray users ok with that evolutionary idea?