POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) : Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Feb 2008 11:50:55
Message: <47bc5a6f@news.povray.org>
I've seen some amazing renders of both Indigo and Luxrender (the main
developer of Lux was an Indigo developer, or so I heard) with
rendertimes ranging from 10 to 20 hours.  Both interiors and exteriors.
  Of course, the specs of such machines are well above the current
desktop standard -- I'm guessing they run in quad-cores from specialized
architectural firms and the like.

Of course pov-ray and other renderers employing finite-step approaches
to GI -- radiosity and photon mapping -- also render much faster in such
machines.