POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) : Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 20 Feb 2008 11:27:20
Message: <47bc54e8$1@news.povray.org>
Severi Salminen a écrit :
> Mike Raiford wrote:
>
>> You didn't answer his question. I'm also curious about render times, but
>> you completely dodged the question.
>
> See the indigo site gallery. Some captions include render time. Of
> course that tells you nothing about how good/bad the image looked in
> less time. Remember that with brute force you see a lot even after 1 minute.

Maybe in the case of these renderers some other indicator of rendering
time should be used. Technically you can let them run forever, the image
is never finished, and getting better all the time...

The curve of "noisiness" vs. rendering time would be interesting. For
some definition of "noisiness" :-)

I'm attracted by the idea of these unbiased renderers because of the
ease of use described in another post. What holds me back is indeed the
scene description language. And laziness ;-)

--
Vincent