POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) : Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 20 Feb 2008 11:26:43
Message: <47bc54c3$1@news.povray.org>
Severi Salminen wrote:

> See the indigo site gallery. Some captions include render time. Of
> course that tells you nothing about how good/bad the image looked in
> less time. Remember that with brute force you see a lot even after 1 minute.

I looked. I remember that gallery. 18 hours on one of the archetecture.
Essentially set it, then come back the next day, and you might have a
nice image. :)

I dunno, These types of renderers do have some interesting applications,
I could see an architect using them to do a true physical light
simulation on a building design, using various lighting schemes/time of
day, etc.. But for creating "photorealistic" rendered images, my bets
are still on raytracers, they're not a physically accurate simulation,
but they do a decent approximation.