POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : radiosity and distributed rendering? : Re: radiosity and distributed rendering? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity and distributed rendering?
From: Alain
Date: 20 Feb 2008 10:44:16
Message: <47bc4ad0$1@news.povray.org>
JH nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/02/19 09:26:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a scene that would take some 280 hours to render with
> radiosity/antialiasing, so I'd like to find a way of splitting it into smaller
> segments and rendering each segment separately.  Is there a way to do it?
>
>  - If I just render each segment, I get severe banding.
>
>  - If I turn off antialiasing, save a radiosity file, and load the file for use
> with antialiasing, I get very poor results. (I thought this would work better.)
>
>  - I assume that httpov won't help, right?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.

When using save_file/load_file, you must keep all radiosity settings unchanged
exept:
In the final pass use: pretrace_start 1 pretrace_end 1 always_sample 0

All other settings MUST remain the same.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you've gained twenty pounds