POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : was Andrew abducted? : Re: was Andrew abducted? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: was Andrew abducted?
From: scott
Date: 20 Feb 2008 08:44:41
Message: <47bc2ec9$1@news.povray.org>
> Basically, uh, yeah. "Silverstone" is a tiny little village. (Apparently
> some of the locals complain about their whole village being basically shut
> down for a few days a year by the race!) The race track is in the middle
> of nowhere, and there's no remotely large roads anywhere damn near it.
> PERFECT for a large-scale international event. :-D

Hehe, perfect to build a new motorway from it to an existing one then :-D

> Is it true that none of the roads in Germany have a speed limit? Or is
> that just an urban myth?

I'd say that around here once you get away from the city and any big
junctions, 75% of the *motorwarys* have no speed limits at all.  All other
roads have limits the same as UK, ie about 60mph out of built up areas and
30mph in towns and villages.