POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : was Andrew abducted? : Re: was Andrew abducted? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: was Andrew abducted?
From: scott
Date: 20 Feb 2008 08:02:30
Message: <47bc24e6@news.povray.org>
>> Yeh ditto here, the football stadium is cleverly placed right next to
>> where two autobahns cross, so immediately you have the choice of going 4
>> different directions each with 3 or 4 lanes, it helps a lot.  I still
>> have memories of going to the British Formula 1 GP and it taking 3 or 4
>> hours just to get 10 miles down the road...
>
> Yep. We visited Silverstone one year. [It's only a little way down the
> road.] Took many hours to get in, and to get out again!

I have several memories of being in a queue to get in for an hour or two,
and then a longer queue on the way out that never seemed to end.  I think
it's mainly because Silverstone is in the middle of nowhere so *everyone*
uses the same single-lane road for 20 miles or so until it gets to the
motorway where some traffic goes different ways and starts to turn off.

Although recently it has improved, the FIA gave them some money to make a
lot of the road dual-carriageway and basically threatened them to improve
the access situation or they'd take away the race.

> (Remind me: Where is "here"?)

Munich, Germany.