POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : radiosity and distributed rendering? : Re: radiosity and distributed rendering? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity and distributed rendering?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 20 Feb 2008 05:34:32
Message: <47bc0238$1@news.povray.org>

>  - If I turn off antialiasing, save a radiosity file, and load the file for use
> with antialiasing, I get very poor results. (I thought this would work better.)

   I use this technique often, and I get good results with 3.6 (see for
example my kitchen scene: it was rendered across several computers).

   I suppose you are not using the beta for this... so, perhaps the problem
is with the load_file settings: remember you have to use the same settings
for error_bound, nearest_count and recursion_limit, not just load_file.

   Hope this helps...

--
Jaime