POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: scott
Date: 20 Feb 2008 02:54:49
Message: <47bbdcc9$1@news.povray.org>
> As for why they don't turn the situation into a movie scene, I think the
> reason they get a CC permit explains that.

Do they have to give some reason when they apply for a CC permit then? What
reason do they give?

> Lastly, I've never heard anyone saying kids should carry guns to protect
> them self. I've known kids who go hunting, and know how to carry a rifle
> or shotgun safely, but even their parent's wouldn't suggest arming the
> child just to get to school.

It was a joke, obviously kids can not be trusted with a gun, but then they
seem to be the most common targets (from what we hear in the media here
anyway).  So anyone who says that they need guns to protect themselves,
better arm their kids too.