POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition : Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Feb 2008 13:32:03
Message: <47bb20a3$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:15:07 +0000, Phil Cook wrote:

>> I believe it was - Yep, IMDB shows that it was created by Carter.
>
> Now what am I thinking of... oh yeah Dark Skies; basically an Invaders
> knock-off, but of lower quality.

Oh, yes, I don't think I've seen that one, but I've heard of it.

>> Not yet, but who knows, maybe that's coming in the series, if they
>> continue it.
>
> I always thought if they threw in more sex scenes during church services
> attendance would rise.

Hehehehehehe.

>> Now that's certainly true (about it being "so American") - hadn't
>> thought of that.
>
> We've only got an hour before X happens...

True....Probably has something to do with there being an hour's worth of
program. :-)

> Spooks: 'Set-up a survellance unit, hack into his email accounts and tap
> his phones'
> 24: 'Go and beat him up'
>
> I exaggerate of course, sort of :-)

But not really.  That was the nice thing about the last series of Spooks,
though - because it wasn't constrained to the 1-hour format.  It became
more of a serial - there was a plot to solve in each show, but they all
were tied together very nicely.  Oh, and a main character or three was
killed off before the end.

>> But I find it really really funny that the counter-terrorist unit in LA
>> is one of the least secure facilities on the planet.  Kinda like
>> Torchwood being the least secret secret organisation in the world. ;-)
>
> "Bloody Torchwood" Train of thought - did you ever get Ultraviolet over
> there? No not the film with Mila Whosavitch, the series staring Jack
> Davenport whom you should know from Spooks.

Surely you mean Coupling, not Spooks.  Jack didn't appear in Spooks. :-P

> Ah hah http://www.amazon.com/Ultraviolet-Jack-Davenport/dp/B00005KA70/
> didn't recognise the cover there. It's only 6 one-hour episodes and they
> never made a second series, but it's quite deep in tone.

I'll have to check it out - I don't think it did ever show over here, at
least not on my stations.

Jim