POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Negative reaction to light sources : Re: Negative reaction to light sources Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Negative reaction to light sources
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 19 Feb 2008 06:11:50
Message: <47bab976$1@news.povray.org>
> As it is a reaction to the main light source, it's not the same as a second
> light source... and it isn't a simple ambiance problem, as they shouldn't be
> visible in daytime...

As far as I understand it, it is just based on a difference in
brightness. The lights are so faint you don't actually see them
unless you make a long exposure with sensitive equipment.

Of course this would completely saturate the visible portions
on dayside of the terminator, so all images you find which show
both surface features and city lights are probably stiched
together, post-processed and/or artificially generated.
If that is what you want, you need to fake it too ;)