POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Negative reaction to light sources : Re: Negative reaction to light sources Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Negative reaction to light sources
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 Feb 2008 04:34:32
Message: <47baa2a8$1@news.povray.org>
Might also be a good idea to forego that filter 1 and use just transmit in a
loop, like so:

#local Tc=0;
#while (Tc<128)
transmit Tc, 1
#local Tc=Tc+1;
#end

Need to convert to a paletted image first, of course, one with the lightest
indices going from either 255 downward or 0 upward. Then adjust the loop
test number up or down to what looks best. The above works for white at 255
and gray at 128.

Negative diffuse alone should cause opposite of usual. Darker perpendicular
to a light source and brighter the more parallel the surface gets to the
light source. But I wasn't getting anything looking right using what you
had.
I put no_shadow into the nighttime lights sphere, too, but that probably
isn't needed.
--
/*bob hughes*/