POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation works once then never. : Re: Animation works once then never. Server Time
1 May 2024 23:47:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation works once then never.
From: Chris B
Date: 18 Feb 2008 13:53:59
Message: <47b9d447@news.povray.org>
"cpmac" <web### [at] cpmaccom> wrote in message
> "Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
>>For animation I typically use command
>> line options to control the key frames by specifying +kfi0 and +kff20 (or
>> whatever number of frames I want).
>
> Thanks for the hint. I put +kfi0 and +kff20  in the comand box and got 20
> different BMPs rendered. I could now put them into a gif. But it foxes me
> as to
> why I saw the animation in the rendered frame the first time I rendered
> it.

You may also want to look at using +KC for cyclic animations which avoids
the first and last images being identical. Alternatively you could just
delete one or other of the duplicates, which is what I do when I forget to
specify +KC.

I can't really explain how it could render multiple images without those
command line settings.
However, the example file does contain a comment saying to use a command
line setting +KFF30. Is it possible that you read that the first time and
pasted it into the command line box, then forgot you'd done it?   If you're
a youngster please don't take offense and just take my word for it that this
sort of suggestion may make more sense as you get older.

Regards,
Chris B.