POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
12 Oct 2024 03:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 17 Feb 2008 18:55:57
Message: <47b8c98d$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote:
>> I suspect it is violence in the home. Not domestic violence but violence on TV
>> and the movies. Bang, bang you are dead. Click! You are alive again. It doesn't
>> hurt.
>
> Our grandparents and parents seemed unaffected by years of exposure to Warner
> Bros. cartoons, first in the movie theaters, then in saturday morning TV.

Or the exposure to war.

The violence isn't the problem, it's that the consequence isn't real.
Punch your little sister, and the worst you get is sent to your room
where you have your own TV and video games, and maybe even computer.
Grounded for a week? Don't worry, you can still play video games online.
Schools give Ds instead of Fs, and detention might interfere with after
school sports so that's out too.