POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Intersection of cylinder and spherical shell : Re: Intersection of cylinder and spherical shell Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Intersection of cylinder and spherical shell
From: William Tracy
Date: 16 Feb 2008 16:06:40
Message: <47b75060$1@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
> So, I'd suggest removing it and adding a "no_media" keyword that specifies
> when an object *shouldn't* allow media inside it.

Indeed.

What was the original purpose of the keyword, anyway? I would guess that
Povray performs some speed optimization that is not possible once the
keyword is added, but if so I can't see the result in my render times.

Otherwise, it would seem obvious to me that adding interior { media {
... } } means that you want media, regardless of what other keywords are
or aren't present. :-)

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

One major known problem with supporting V-class is the complexity of its
PCI bus adapter (EPIC and SAGA). Support for the V-class isn't going to
happen until some really masochistic person who has access to a V-class
is, uh, challenged by this.
     -- from the Linux-on-HPPA FAQ