POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Blobman? : Re: Blobman? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 21:03:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobman?
From: Chris B
Date: 15 Feb 2008 18:44:24
Message: <47b623d8$1@news.povray.org>
"melo" <mel### [at] coxnet> wrote in message >
> Thank you so very much.  I downloaded blobman/woman 4.2.
> Now, asking too much, could we incoporate muscle deformations during
> movement
> into blobPerson, a blob object could allow it depending on how it is set
> up I
> presume.
>

>> The first version of POV-Person was just a head of my own making stuck
>> onto
>> the Blobman 4.2 bodies, so you can see what the alternative Blobman body
>> shapes are in the sample rendering at
>> http://www.telinco.co.uk/c_bartlett/povperson/povperson.jpg. The upside
>> down
>> man and the lady lying down in the background in that scene still have
>> the
>> original 2 Blobman heads, (which I thought looked terrible).
>
> I think they look cute.
> Do you mind sharing the code used to create that good examples of using
> blobman
> and PovPerson together?

The code for that is on the same web site at
http://www.telinco.co.uk/c_bartlett/povperson/head/index.htm
There's a download file titled 'Examples of using the BlobMan Interface' and
the 'Adapter for using with BlobMan Macros'.

> Did not you mention some clothing items?  Hair color possibilities?

The hair I did back then is shown here:
http://www.telinco.co.uk/c_bartlett/povperson/head/hairsamples.htm

The second version of povperson at http://www.geocities.com/povperson/
includes all of the hair from my first release plus additional hairstyles
and clothing as well as animation scripts etc.

Regards,
Chris B.