POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Feb 2008 18:37:13
Message: <47b62229$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:31:05 -0500, alphaQuad wrote:

>> It's too easy to
>> dismiss picketers as the lunatic fringe and not representative of what
>> the public really thinks.
>

> Looks like to me like something other than a lunatic fringe.

Does to me - it looks to me like people who don't know what to do, so
they made a sign.  I expect to see that at sporting events, not when it's
something serious.

> I really hope that this makes us all think, and think again.

I've thought, and thought again, and nope, it still looks like people who
don't know what to do so they made a sign.

I have seen enough of this sort of thing in real life - when the city of
Salt Lake sold a block of Main Street to the LDS Church, we got all sorts
of nutters in from all over the country with signs.  They disrupted
weddings and all sorts of things to "try to get their point across".
They also came into public meetings and disrupted them.

Disruption of public meetings and of people's wedding day is NOT the way
to get your point across.  It is the way to get identified as part of the
lunatic fringe, and those who came here and did that got labeled exactly
that.

Jim