POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Feb 2008 16:53:25
Message: <47b609d5$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:35:40 -0500, nemesis wrote:

>> it's NOBODY'S fault but the SHOOTER'S.
>
> yes, it's nobody's fault that a fucktwit can buy guns and get stoned to
> death and start shooting people.  It's not his parents' fault, nor his
> neighbors' and colleagues' fault, nor it is fault of the society he's
> been raised in.  Let alone the government permitting fucktwits to buy
> legal drugs and guns is at fault here.

Well, we do happen to have this thing called the second amendment to the
constitution.  You know, the one about the right to bear arms?

(And no, I'm not a member of the NRA nor am I in favor of a total lack of
gun control)

As for legal drugs in use - Prozac is what's been cited (honestly don't
know if that's the case or not), but not everyone who takes it becomes a
psychopathic homicidal maniac.  I know from personal experience on that
one.

> The only one at fault is the crazy bastard.  Which should be in some
> Mental Institution or in prison, but wasn't.  Collecting guns and taking
> heavy medicine is never going to work, you know...

The fault for the shooting lies with the shooter.  The fault for the
shooter's access to the means lies with the person who provided them with
the weapon.

The shooter is not blameless in this.  But our societal norm these days
is that the individual bears NO responsibility at all for anything they
do.  That's just wrong.

Jim