POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And today, C# : Re: And today, C# Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And today, C#
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Feb 2008 16:07:04
Message: <47b5fef8@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:59:49 -0500, nemesis wrote:

>> They're also working with the SAMBA team now.
>
> yeah, they probably want some hints at how to correctly handle their
> spec.  Not first time it happened.

Possibly.  But the SAMBA team agreeing to work with them is a significant
thing as well, because they were so outspoken over the Novell/Microsoft
agreement.  I mean, Jeremy Allison quit Novell over that deal.

> But truth be told, M$ only said GPL was a cancer, not general
> opens-source software.  It's understandable.  They certainly would feel
> a lot happier to just integrate BSD-covered code into their products
> without much legal fuss. hey, more people working for free for their
> glory...

Well, they've used a fair bit of BSD code already; their TCP/IP stack
reportedly comes from the BSD implementation.

Jim