POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Feb 2008 12:42:03
Message: <47b5ceeb$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:09:22 -0500, alphaQuad wrote:

> I like you Jim, but that is not what I said. What I said was generated
> by a previous comment that "it's distractive" meaning the post itself.
>
> Try again,
>
> "This post is goddamn important so if any of you don’t like it, TS, then
> you are also part of the problem." (if you don't like the post, TS)

What that says to me is "if you don't like what I say, then you are part
of the problem" - where "the problem" is the shootings, the drugs
involved, whatever.  I didn't honestly understand what you were saying in
total, and stopped reading at the point where it came across as "if you
don't do something, you're part of the problem".

I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, and if what I read isn't what
you meant, then my apologies.  It honestly looked like you were blaming
those who opt for inaction for these shootings (or events like them).

Jim