POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: somebody
Date: 15 Feb 2008 08:20:01
Message: <47b59181@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote

> My point is this ( and on that page )
>
> Author Bill Cooper, "Behold A Pale Horse": "In every instance that I have
> investigated --

He can safely and truthfully say that, even if, especially if, he choses to
investigate only those instances that support his pet theory and help sell
his book. I have no clue who he is, or what the book is about, but phrases
like that need not and should not appear in proper research, ever.

> Add to the list Columbine's Eric Harris, Cho Seung-Hui at Virginia Tech,
and 2
> more deaths at NASA with a previous indent by a Fluorine-crazed astronut
> wearing space diapers. US legislators must dig the hell out of violence.

Even if true, how does that establish causality? By definition,
murder/suicide perpetrators have to be highly depressed. Thus depression is
the most likely and obvious cause, shootings and taking prozac are both the
result. Depression causes shootings, with low probability; depression causes
taking prozac, with high probability. Thus, majority of shooters will have
been taking prozac, even when shooting and prozac ingestion is not casually
related.