POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland : Re: Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet censorship in Finland
From: Warp
Date: 15 Feb 2008 05:51:19
Message: <47b56ea6@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
> Change your website name/content to some less illegal one and you won't get
> blocked.

  "Childporn" is in no way or form an illegal name. There's absolutely no
legal nor logical reason to blacklist a site with that name. Censoring
the site is illegal.

> Of course, but his example doesn't really encourage people to protest, the
> system seems to be working pretty well, I would think that most people would
> expect a site with that name to be blocked.

  Uh? It's a perfect example of how the system does *not* work well,
as legal sites are being wrongly blacklisted, which is illegal.

>  If someone totally unrelated
> had been blocked, like say amazon.com or some general news website, then
> that would have been a better example to use - but I doubt any sites like
> that are actually blocked.

  Apparently this site has also been blocked. It's anybody's guess why:

http://www.nn.iij4u.or.jp/~nekokubo/

--
                                                          - Warp