POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland : Re: Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet censorship in Finland
From: scott
Date: 15 Feb 2008 05:21:09
Message: <47b56795@news.povray.org>
>> Why not?  Some idiot is deliberately trying to provoke the system and
>> then
>> complains when his site gets blocked.  I have no sympathy for him.
>
>  His site is being blocked *illegally*. Blocking it is against the law.

TO be honest, I don't think anyone is really going to listen to him or care,
given the name of his website.

>  Besides, his site is not the only one which is being illegally censored.
> It's just the most prominent example.

Change your website name/content to some less illegal one and you won't get
blocked.

>  Sometimes giving an actual example is more efficient than theoretizing
> about what could perhaps happen.

Of course, but his example doesn't really encourage people to protest, the
system seems to be working pretty well, I would think that most people would
expect a site with that name to be blocked.  If someone totally unrelated
had been blocked, like say amazon.com or some general news website, then
that would have been a better example to use - but I doubt any sites like
that are actually blocked.