POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland : Re: Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet censorship in Finland
From: Warp
Date: 15 Feb 2008 04:34:44
Message: <47b55cb4@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
> >> Welcome to the real world, where people always bend the rules, nothing is
> >> black or white.
> >
> >  That doesn't mean we should simply accept this bending of rules quietly.

> Why not?  Some idiot is deliberately trying to provoke the system and then
> complains when his site gets blocked.  I have no sympathy for him.

  His site is being blocked *illegally*. Blocking it is against the law.
That's the point.

  Besides, his site is not the only one which is being illegally censored.
It's just the most prominent example.

> If he really wanted to expose the system he would choose a different name
> for his website, and not link to the blocked sites directly.  He has
> deliberately done this knowing full well it is likely to get his site
> blocked, so he can then go and complain about it.

  Sometimes giving an actual example is more efficient than theoretizing
about what could perhaps happen.

--
                                                          - Warp