POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo! : Re: Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo!
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 14 Feb 2008 21:29:44
Message: <47b4f918@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> I mean, I'm sure MS can do a clone of Firefox with little effort since
>> it has HUGE resources, they have the programing languages, the
>> programes and the time and money it would require, so I don't
>> understand why MS can do it?
>
> Because they think their programmers will make the company more
> successful by working on other stuff?  It's not like they have 1000
> programmers sitting around twiddling their thumbs with nothing to do.

For all the MS software out there, they have at least 1000 programmers
on pay roll, besides MS have recruited some of the best ones with their
programming Olympics or something like that.

Well, as someone says: you can manage to fuk up even the simplest thing
to do. Or something like that. There is effort and sacrifice in every
single thing crafted by men, so maybe I was too harsh on MS, maybe
they're solving problems so complicated that the common-sense-level ones
goes by their side without being noticed. But is very annoying anyway
and they replicate IN EVERY WINDOWS VERSION, including Vista: you look
for something that you think sgould be there and guess what MS manages
to put it in a place you'd never think of, not in the same features but
is the same behavior in all versions. The word INTUITIVE must not be
very popular in MS...