POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I LIKE this one... : Re: I LIKE this one... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I LIKE this one...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Feb 2008 12:23:35
Message: <47b47917$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:54:09 +0200, Gail Shaw wrote:

> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message

>> > Then say "no" to your boss.
>>
>> Sure. If you don't mind being fired.
>
> Only if it's a bad boss in the first place.
>
> I tell my boss (direct manager that is) no way quite often. I still have
> a job.
> He trusts that I know my job better than he does. That's why he pays me

Same here.  Had a situation come up about a month ago where my boss asked
me to change something about the requirements for a course; I said "no"
and explained why we did things the way we did, and she was good with
that - and even agreed with our reasoning (better to have a few
instructors who are excellent at teaching it than all the instructors out
there - qualified and not - teaching it and giving customers a bad
impression of the product).  5 years now, and I've said no to my VP a few
times as well.

Of course, there are many different ways to say no, and some of them will
get you fired.

Jim