POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I LIKE this one... : Re: I LIKE this one... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I LIKE this one...
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 14 Feb 2008 12:04:20
Message: <47b47494@news.povray.org>
news:47b473e4@news.povray.org...
> Gail Shaw wrote:
> > "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message

> >> Sure. If you don't mind being fired.
> >
> > Only if it's a bad boss in the first place.
> >
> > I tell my boss (direct manager that is) no way quite often. I still have
> > job.
> > He trusts that I know my job better than he does. That's why he pays me
>
> I can't help feeling that if "the overlords" didn't figure out there's
> not spec until the final hour, they're probably not the good kind...

Probably not. In which case, do you really weant to be working for them?

Could also be that the 'overlords' were getting 'progress' reports from the
client. Reports that were complete fabrication. And then they assume that
because no issues have been raised by the dev team, all's well.

There are a number of possible causes for this stuff up. Lack of
communication, however, is almost certainly a contributing factor.