POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I LIKE this one... : Re: I LIKE this one... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I LIKE this one...
From: somebody
Date: 14 Feb 2008 11:02:34
Message: <47b4661a$1@news.povray.org>
news:47b46229@news.povray.org...
> somebody wrote:

> >> Right. So your boss has told the client "yes,

> > Then say "no" to your boss.

> Sure. If you don't mind being fired.

False dichotomy.

> Because of course, standing your ground in a policital situation is
> trivially easy...

No, pocketing the client's money while delivering an unusable product is the
trivially easy one. The other actually requires some skill and integrity.
(And how did politics get into this?)

> I love the way every time I say anything I am always wrong by
> definition.

You are wrong.

> Clients demand the impossible within ridiculous timescales?
> Sure, of corse the client isn't to blame for the project's failure...

If you go to an auto mechanic and demand to have the engine double its HP
overnight, should he fake it and charge you? Why should I respect a
developer who exhibits the same dishonesty just so he can make money of
ignorant/unsuspecting clients?