POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition : Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Feb 2008 09:53:30
Message: <47b455ea$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> Meh I don't need to know their names just how to kill them.

And people tell *me* my interests are too narrow. ;-)

>>>  Well yeah, but it only needs one clear shot to the head.
>>
>> Unless you miss for some reason. Perhaps because one of the buggers
>> has swiped you and sent you half way across the map. Let's not go into
>> the whole reloading part...
>
> It's advisable to shoot them prior to them getting that close.

The shotgun only works from close range.

Plus, most of Ravenholm is of the form "you walk down a dark alleyway.
Suddenly 12 zombies stagger towards you, coming from all directions."
Plus, it takes time to kill the first one, time to kill the second one,
more time to kill the third one... gee, the rest are getting quite close
now...

>> Sure. Not that you can find any saw blades when you actually need 'em.
>> And if you happen to miss... oh dear. You are now dead.
>
> "It's advisable to shoot them prior to them getting that close."

Yeah, but if you miss, you now have no ammo. Good luck...

>> Damn, why are these people's real names always *more* improbable than
>> the characters they're playing??
>
> What you mean Lucy Lawless, Renee O'Connor, Hudson Leick, Kevin Sorbo,
> and Bruce Campbell? :-)

Yes. Like that.

> Renee O'Connor playing Gabrielle

Heh. And I thought *I* was strange for having a signed picture in my
room of Major Carter wearing only a USA flag...

> Just to clarify it was her quarterstaff that intercepted the arrow in
> that particular episode.

Not that you've memorised every episode or anything like that...

> See - funny stuff.

Mildly amusing sometimes, yeah.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/