POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition : Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Feb 2008 09:21:50
Message: <47b44e7e$1@news.povray.org>
>> Stalkers are humanoid. I presume you mean Striders? :-P
>
> Yeah the tripod knock-offs

Those are Strider, dear. Stalkers are the little humanoid guys with
their intensines missing who walk around pointing lazers at things. You
meet a whole bunch of 'em in EP1...

>>>  Pffh I'm using an analogue controller on the console and it's terrible.
>>
>> Really? That's odd.
>
> Accelerate, brake and steer controlled by the movement of one stick.

Ah. That's Not Good(tm).

>> The SMG *was* a damn good weapon in HL1. But in HL2 it doesn't seem to
>> cause much damage any more...
>
> No I didn't use it a lot in HL2, too inaccurate.

In HL1, it was accurate, rapid-firing and very leathal. Only trouble is
you run out of ammo so fast. In HL2, it's worthless.

>>> Shotgun to the head for them
>>
>> This requires you to actually *have* some shotgun shells.
>
> Well yeah, but it only needs one clear shot to the head.

Unless you miss for some reason. Perhaps because one of the buggers has
swiped you and sent you half way across the map. Let's not go into the
whole reloading part...

>>> grav-gun for the headcrabs, and grav-gun buzzsaw blade for slow zombies.
>>
>> You can't *kill* things with a gravity gun! (At least, except under
>> lab conditions anyway...)
>
> On the PS3 at least both types of headcrabs can be knocked about and
> eventually killed by the grav-gun alone, otherwise gotta love the saw
> blades.

Sure. Not that you can find any saw blades when you actually need 'em.
And if you happen to miss... oh dear. You are now dead.

>> Well, ya know, first Spike was evil, then Spike couldn't actually be
>> evil any more but wanted to help out other evil guys, the Spike was
>> good, then Spike became bad again... [Said Buffy fanatic was
>> *obsessed* with Spike... wanted to marry him and stuff. Yes, she was a
>> teenager.]
>
> Yeah, but James Marsters *is* good as Spike.

...is name is James Marsters?

[insert whitty remark here]

>>> So how many shows of Xena have you caught?
>>
>> Not many. (Not even enough to work out the various characters' names.)
>
> Always liked Callisto, Hudson Leick got the character perfectly.

Damn, why are these people's real names always *more* improbable than
the characters they're playing??

>> I do recall an episode where Xena's nemesis stole her unborn child's
>> soul and wanted Xena's to bring her back to the living world before
>> she would relinquish it. So Xena had a bunch of people hold hands and
>> meditate to create a non-real world to "rescue" her to... or...
>> something. I do remember there was lots of fighting...
>
> Yeah that wasn't one of the best ones, IIRC it was the one with the bad
> CGI skeletons in it.

Ah, you remember it then...

Also liked the one where the little girl suddenly sticks out her arm and
grabs a flying arrow out of the air, just before it hits Xena. And she's
all like "OMG, I actually *caught* that!"

And then later she tries to do it again, but can't. But eventually she
manages it. "Well, I did it eventually!" "You missed a few though." "Oh
yeah - I can see how that would be a problem..." LOL!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/