POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition : Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
From: Warp
Date: 14 Feb 2008 08:08:31
Message: <47b43d4e@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> I played HL2 once, and didn't enjoy it very much. The scenary is far too
> drab and boring.

  You must have played a different HL2 than I did.

  Compare the scenery of HL2 to, for example, the scenery of Doom3 or
Quake4. There just isn't comparison. We are talking about this:

http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/54/150018_full.jpg
http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/54/149822_full.jpg
http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/54/150429_full.jpg

  vs. this: