POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland : Re: Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet censorship in Finland
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 13 Feb 2008 22:54:16
Message: <47b3bb68$1@news.povray.org>
Hymyly wrote:
> Well, such censorship will never work. Ever heard of "The Onion Router" network?
> Basically you connect to an Onion-server using an encrypted connection, and this
> server then forwards your request to the intended site. Everything is completely
> anonymous, untraceable and uncensurable. (And in Firefox you can switch between
> TOR-mode and normal mode with the click of a button.)

	First rule of security: Never trust any claim that states something is
untraceable and uncensorable.

	Tor completely anonymous?

	I hope the following will convince you never to have such sentiments
about *any* system:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/11/12/1194766589522.html

	He didn't really try too hard, IIRC (I didn't reread the article).

--
All hope abandon, ye who enter messages here.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl