POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Systema Metropolis: In the Wild : Re: Systema Metropolis: In the Wild Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Systema Metropolis: In the Wild
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 13 Feb 2008 11:45:26
Message: <47b31ea6$1@news.povray.org>

> I'm planning to render the scene at a silly-high resolution. Stay tuned.

In the usual tiling method (setting +w and +h to the full res, and using
+sc +ec +sr +er), I can't do it. POV-Ray crashes, because it still
attempts to allocate memory for the whole image. However, I successfully
managed huge tiled renders with zoomin.inc, where I set +w and +h to the
size of a single tile.

I'll post a 2048x1536 render on p.b.i. It's not too big, as I was just
testing, and rendering only on my machine.