POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition : Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Feb 2008 10:37:37
Message: <47b30ec1$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> I demand a step-by-step account of you playing Half-Life2+Eps1 and 2 on
> your blog!

Uh... why? It's not like anybody would read it...

>> I loose count of how many times I've done this. LOL! As a result, I
>> now know all sorts of rather useless factiods. Indeed, I watched The
>> Eggheads last night, and I got more questions right than they did. [A
>> pure fluke, as it happens. Usually they ask questions about Greek
>> philosophers or something and I haven't got a clue. But tonight it was
>> Latin...]
>
> Either that or you were remembering them ;-)

Unlikely. I make a point of never, ever watching that pathetic program.
It's so damn boring. But my mum seems to positively *enjoy* the stupid
thing...

> (they're running through
> repeats since Dermot left the Beeb).

He left?

He's called Dermot?

>> Still, I don't follow every link I see, only the "interesting" ones.
>
> At which point we hit recursion. :-)

Hey, it's functional. ;-)

>> As a result, I never end up reading about the corporate development of
>> IBM or the history of American Independence, but instead reading about
>> fractal image compression
>
> Hmm let's see some of my Wikipedia hits - Berlaymont building,
> Conspiracy Theory, Craning, Cyniscism, Eisenstein, Horus, Rise of the
> Triad. Leading of course to others.

Uh... what?

>> or the undead cat that that guy studied. [You know the guy. I just
>> can't spell his name.]
>
> Oo I know this - it was Giles in Episode 3.2 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Possibly the silliest episode every...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/