POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition : Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Feb 2008 07:22:53
Message: <47b2e11d$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> I wonder how all this common knowledge becomes "common"?
>
>   You could start by exploring wikipedia. Start from something which
> interests you, for example "Half-Life 2" or "Haskell", and read the
> articles and follow the links and read those articles, etc. It can be
> great fun and rather informative. :)

And how do you *think* I know that chocolate is poisonus to dogs? ;-)

[Hint: It *wasn't* what I went to look up...]

I think there's a - wait, let me find it - ah yes, there is:

http://www.xkcd.com/214/

I loose count of how many times I've done this. LOL! As a result, I now
know all sorts of rather useless factiods. Indeed, I watched The
Eggheads last night, and I got more questions right than they did. [A
pure fluke, as it happens. Usually they ask questions about Greek
philosophers or something and I haven't got a clue. But tonight it was
Latin...]

Oddly, I always seem to end up reading about leathal poisons or powerful
explosives or how guns work or deadly bacteria or... damn it, if anybody
is watching my surfing habits, they must think I'm a terrorist by now! :-S

Still, I don't follow every link I see, only the "interesting" ones. As
a result, I never end up reading about the corporate development of IBM
or the history of American Independence, but instead reading about
fractal image compression or the undead cat that that guy studied. [You
know the guy. I just can't spell his name.]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/