POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition : Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 13 Feb 2008 05:28:13
Message: <47b2c63d$1@news.povray.org>
> Do you think that OpenGL isn't a competitor to DirectX? Do you think that
> DirectX isn't a reason some people buy or develop for Windows?

Or put another way...

Is DirectX available for Linux, for cool games?

Do non-programmers have to recompile every application
they use in Linux?

If GTK2HS binary windows distribution for GHC is
maintained by intermitent Linux volunteers who are having
trouble building for GHC 6.8.2 on Linux, and they just got
done doing a GTK2HS 6.8.1 that works fine, how many
months before they bother with a GTK2HS 6.8.2 for
Windows, even though GHC 6.8.2 is just a bugfix?

Aren't the answers, no, yes, and 3 months+ ?