POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Systema Metropolis: In the Wild : Re: Systema Metropolis: In the Wild Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Systema Metropolis: In the Wild
From: William Tracy
Date: 12 Feb 2008 23:04:48
Message: <47b26c60$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> I want to see a single f***ing tree being 600 pixels high. That should
> give you an idea.

Wow. I have no idea how it will look at that resolution. Even if the
full file is too big to share, I would definitely like to see some
details from it. :-)

I'm now playing with optimizing the scene for fast rendering, since I
want to re-use some of the code for an animation. I could share the
faster code with you when it's together, but I have no idea if my
"improvements" would introduce additional artifacts at that resolution.

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

    "I don't hink it helps to make analagies between the physical and
social worlds," Sax said primly.
    "Shut up, Sax. Go back to your virtual reality."
     -- Kim Stanley Robinson, _Red Mars_