POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Systema Metropolis: In the Wild : Re: Systema Metropolis: In the Wild Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:05:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Systema Metropolis: In the Wild
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 12 Feb 2008 15:36:51
Message: <47b20363$1@news.povray.org>

> Well... can you send me the huge meshes, at least? :) I want to try
> rendering your scene!

Takes one whole minute to parse the meshes! I'm sure it's not the loops
on placeLandscape; I added debug statements before each #include. 60
seconds to parse loop-less code seems extreme :D

And rendering with +q2 and no area light takes 18 seconds. I would
really like to save the meshes in binary format so they can be loaded
instantly :(