POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And today, C# : Re: And today, C# Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And today, C#
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 12 Feb 2008 09:52:06
Message: <47b1b296@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> ...so they implemented Java's flawed MI-but-not-MI model? How is that
> fixing the flaws from other major programming languages?

Ever attempted to use multiple inheritance in C++? Things get really
interesting when you have more than one base class, and some members
overlap. I think the :: operator helps keep things relatively straight,
though. There are other issues, of course, such as which copy of the
base class is used when 2 classes share a common base class and are
inherited by a further derived class. (Looks like a diamond on an
inheritance diagram)

> Oh, wait... He said that "flaws drove the fundamentals of the design".
> So... you designed it to *keep* all the best flaws of other languages? :-D

Use C# for a while, especially the newer version (3.0) It's actually
quite nice. I've sort of grown to like it since I've started actually
using it. C++ish syntax, some stuff borrowed from Java.