POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question for SQLers out there : Question for SQLers out there Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Question for SQLers out there
From: Tom Austin
Date: 12 Feb 2008 08:52:18
Message: <47b1a492$1@news.povray.org>
OK, I've heard a lot about inner joins and outer joins but don't really
know them or how to use them.

I've actually been using SQL for 10 years now, but never managed to
completely figure this out.

Lets say I have (2) tables - (2) column each

Person				Limbs
Index	Name			PersonIndex	Type

Now, I would normally write a SQL statement like this:

select L.Type from Person P, Limbs L where L.PersonIndex = P.Index and
P.Name = 'Bones'

This *works*, but somehow I feel that this is where the JOIN should come in.

Should a JOIN be used here?
Does it matter?

Thanky..... Tom