POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Systema Metropolis: In the Wild : Systema Metropolis: In the Wild Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:40:10 EDT (-0400)
  Systema Metropolis: In the Wild
From: William Tracy
Date: 11 Feb 2008 16:53:42
Message: <47b0c3e6@news.povray.org>
Source for my TC-RTC entry, including version 0.2 of my tree planting
macro. inthewild-output.txt contains the Povray output from my final
render, if you're curious about the statistics.

I included the meshes for the terrain and the machines, but not the
trees. The trees would have added about 15MB to the archive (!!!), and
it's easy enough to generate them yourself with Povtree, anyway.

Finally, inthewild.pov has an Easter egg in it: Set the variable "RSOCP"
to 1, and the file will render my Reflective Sphere on a Checkered Plain
scene. Special thanks to Archpawn for the pun. :-)

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

    They laughed. Photons rained on their skin, most shooting right
through them. Here they were, transparent to the world.
     -- Kim Stanley Robinson, _Blue Mars_

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'inthewild.zip' (54 KB)