POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection : Re: CD collection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CD collection
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Feb 2008 00:25:50
Message: <47afdc5e$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:58:24 +0200, Nekar wrote:

> It also depends on the type of instrument. I would say a good violinist
> needs to have aquired perfect pitch.

Intonation is certainly important.  But that doesn't affect the tonal
quality of the instrument so much.

> If andrew played the piano the same
> way he played the violin it would sound ten times better.

Possibly the other way around, you mean. :-)

> I would say
> frettless stringed instruments are the most difficult to learn.

I always had trouble with the piano.  I never took lessons, though, but
my brother did, and I learned to play one or two simple songs; but my
left hand doesn't work the right way to play the piano, and my right hand
is basically stupid - odd, considering I'm right-handled. :-)

But getting things at the right pitch does take some work.

Jim