POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection : Re: CD collection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CD collection
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 10 Feb 2008 15:46:30
Message: <47af62a6$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> Don't know Radiohead. [Obviously I've heard of them, and I've probably
> heard their music, but I wouldn't recognise it.]
>
> Hmm... this isn't really my taste.

I'm surprised, I must say.  They're different enough that you you
shouldn't discount them because you don't like Mogwai (and Radiohead
also has a larger range of styles).

>> Conveniently, the same site also has some tracks by Yes:
>>
>> http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=105
>
> This is a little more like it...

Most of the other top prog albums listed in the site I linked will be in
a style more similar to this, so it might be worth taking a look at some
of the bands that keep appearing (Genesis, King Crimson, Van Der Graff
Generator, etc.)

I'd like to know of modern music that continues in this tradition, but
there's only a couple of bands that I can think of that that are doing
something even remotely similar, and their music tends to be a lot
"heavier".  I'm sure with a bit more looking I'll find some though,
there's plenty enough bands out there to get a nice range of styles.