POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. : Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted.
From: Warp
Date: 10 Feb 2008 05:41:11
Message: <47aed4c7@news.povray.org>
gregjohn <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> But of course someone did repeat the slur, for which I'm probably the only one
> in the world who objects to, "Povray is a renderer, not a modeler."

  In common usage in the computer graphics community "modeler" implies
real-time preview of the model which you can edit on-the-fly.

  You might define the SDL as being a "modeler", but that would go against
common usage, and would be quite far-fetched.

  When someone says "POV-Ray is not a modeler", he is talking to the
computer graphics community, and this community understands what "modeler"
means in this context. Thus the statement is correct.

--
                                                          - Warp